On a bus

I am on the bus, somewhere on I-85. The day started out with my alarm sounding at 4:15 this morning. So that was awesome. Surprisingly I actually woke up on the first alarm, and I made it to meet the bus on time. I even managed to get there just before the bus pulled up.

Things seemed to be off to an okay start on the trip. I was on time, the bus was on time, everyone else was on time, and the bus had wifi. The first thing to signal a less than ideal bus ride was when we stopped to pick up our out of town guests, one of which is a wheelchair user. A fuse was blown in the lift, and it took half an hour to figure that out and figure out how to manually operate the lift.

Once we were finally on the way I managed to doze off for a couple hours. When I woke up it was kind of warm, but I didn’t think much if it. Of course, later in the day when we were leaving the park we discovered the air conditioning did not work. So after the bus sat in the sun all day, it was pretty toasty on our ride over to colonial Williamsburg for dinner. At least the temperature is tolerable now, since we are going 70mph or so down the road and it is dark out.

I am pretty tired, but with only an hour or so left to go I am afraid I won’t be able to sleep once I get home if I sleep now. I will be so glad to see the parking deck though, and even more glad to get home and see my hubby and my pillow.

The day was somewhat enjoyable. Once we got into the park I of course immediately lost everyone else. So, I wandered a bit on my own for the first hour or so. I didn’t mind… It was the first time I have really been able to leisurely browse all the little gift shops. And I didn’t buy a thing! I also stopped in at the little aviary and hung out with the birds for a bit. You can purchase little cups of nectar to feed the birds, which was pretty cool. There was on extra friendly bird that immediately perched on my hand, then crawled up to my shoulder for a bit before deciding to sit on my head. That was cool, and I am glad it did not poop on me. Especially sInce as I was thinking, “please don’t poop on me, Bird” I watched the one sitting on the rail in front of me blast the foliage.

After the birds had emptied my nectar cup I wandered on, rode the Griffon, and found some coworkers. We hung out for a bit and then met up with most of the group at Fest Haus for lunch. When did they change the show at Fest Haus?? It use to be traditional dance… Now it is some trippy shit with gingerbread men, little red riding hood, wolves, and various other vaguely fairy tale and/or Christmas costumes. And it is loud! We had to shout at each other until the show was over.

Once we had eaten as much as we could of the massive amounts of food we were provided for lunch a group of us headed to the new roller coaster, Verbolten. The wheelchair user I mentioned earlier was in our group, so we got to skip waiting in line. They just said to come back in 20 minutes and we could get right on. So we did, and they ran us around twice. It is a pretty cool roller coaster, definitely different from all the others at Busch Gardens. I don’t want to give any spoilers about it in case anyone wants to ride it… It is best to let it surprise you.

The rest of my day at the park was pretty much the same, I won’t continue to bore you with the details. Even though I am bored. On a bus. With nothing to do. At least I have my iPad to entertain me, maybe I can find a new game or something.