I have my car back! I didn’t realize how much I missed it until I got back in it today. I love that car. But, given the list of stuff they did to it today… probably will be ditching it when the warranty is up.
What all was done?
- Passenger door pull was loose and driving me nuts when bass in my music rattled it, so they tightened that up.
- Fixed the oil leak which involved replacing a cable harness the oil had dripped on and the oil pump solenoid valve, gasket ring, and cover plate – this happened with Sean’s car too and there is a service bulletin about it so I assume it is common
- Replaced wiper blades
- Oil change
- Flushed brake fluid
- Resurfaced front brake pads
- Replaced front rotors
- New cabin air filter
- The timing chain tensioner was checked and declared fine (there is a recall where some seal rings are leaking)
- Coolant temp sensor was replaced due to recall, which involved a hose, adapter lead, spacer, strap, and antifreeze
- All fluids were topped and they washed the car
At least it didn’t cost me anything! Well, it did cost me $20 in gas I guess. The loaner was given to me with a “full tank” which of course wasn’t really full but I still had to fill it up before I returned it. $20 of gas for two days? In a Mini? Oh well, $20 for all that work isn’t bad at all. I just fear the day the maintenance plan ends!